Spread the Good News of Jesus Christ by living our faith as a Catholic Community in worship, service, and support of one another.
DWC VIRTUS MANDATE
Let's help Maggie Fisher, our coordinator, get Our Lady to 100% compliancy
as soon as posible and keep Our Kids Safe!
New Virtus User (New Volunteers)
And begin by selecting Wheeling-Charleston, West Virginia (Diocese) from the list.
The system will assist you in registering and performing training.
Existing Virtus (Previously Virtus Certified)
Click the link and look for:
Scroll down and see the active Intentions and Sanctuary Candle schedule.
Look for available dates and contact the Parish Office
First Communion 2023
Publications (Our Bulletin)
- Sunday: Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 or Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b or Ez 37:1-14 or Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 (see 30) / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39
- Extended Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 / Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b / Ez 37:1-14 / Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 (see 30) / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39
- Day: Acts 2:1-11 / Ps 104:1, 24, 29-30, 31, 34 (see 30) / 1 Cor 12:3b-7, 12-13 / Jn 20:19-23
- Monday: Gn 3:9-15, 20 or Acts 1:12-14 / Ps 87:1-2, 3 and 5, 6-7 / Jn 19:25-34
- Tuesday: Sir 35:1-12 / Ps 50:5-6, 7-8, 14 and 23 / Mk 10:28-31
- Wednesday: Zep 3:14-18a or Rom 12:9-16 / Is 12:2-3, 4bcd, 5-6 / Lk 1:39-56
- Thursday: Sir 42:15-25 / Ps 33:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 / Mk 10:46-52
- Friday: Sir 44:1, 9-13 / Ps 96:10, 11-12, 13 / Mk 11:11-26
Vatican launches compact for families with pope's support
05/30/23 8:30 am
VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- Asserting that "it is in the family that many of God's dreams for the human community are realized," Pope Francis asked Catholic universities and Catholic couples around the world to support the "Family Global Compact."
"We cannot resign ourselves to the decline of the family in the name of uncertainty, individualism and consumerism, which envision a future of individuals who think only of themselves," the pope wrote in a letter released May 30 with the launch of the compact by the Dicastery for Laity, the Family and Life and the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences.Read More
Pope Francis Creates Ecclesiastical Province of Las Vegas and Names Most Reverend George Leo Thomas as First Metropolitan Archbishop of Las Vegas
05/30/23 8:30 am
WASHINGTON - Pope Francis has created the Ecclesiastical Province of Las Vegas, comprised of the Metropolitan Archdiocese of Las Vegas, and the suffragan dioceses of Reno and Salt Lake City. At the same time, he named Most Reverend George Leo Thomas, as the first Metropolitan Archbishop of Las Vegas.
The establishment of the new province and the appointment of the metropolitan archbishop was publicized in Washington, D.C. on May 30, 2023, by Archbishop Christophe Pierre, apostolic nuncio to the United States.Read More
Promote Christian values, not divisions, on social media, Vatican says
05/29/23 8:30 am
VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- Catholics should make an "examination of conscience" about how they use social media, how they allow it to influence them and about the opportunities it provides them to share the Gospel, build community and care for others, said the Vatican Dicastery for Communication.
"Unfortunately, the tendency to get carried away in heated and sometimes disrespectful discussions is common with online exchanges," said the dicastery's document, "Toward Full Presence. A Pastoral Reflection on Engagement with Social Media."Read More
Faith In Action
CHRISTMAS 2022 FOOD BOXES TO LOCAL FAMILIES
This Christmas Season we helped xx families with food boxes.
Thank you all and Good Job!
During VBS this year our children were challenged to bring in spare change to help CRS modify bikes for children in need. Each bike modification costs about $50. Our children collected enough for 13 bikes and we then challeneged our parish to match the kids. There is one more week to donate so lets see how they do.
To be considered an active, participating member of the parish, and thus eligible for sacraments, sponsor eligibility, and parish family discount at St. Mary’s and Notre Dame, OLPH takes into account a family or individual ministry involvement, and Mass attendance. Your collection envelopes, or online giving receipt, are the only way we can determine your attendance. If you are new to the parish, please stop by, call the office for registration forms or complete the online form on this site.
Sundays: 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM
Monday: 9:00 AM (Chapel)
Tuesday: 9:00 AM (Chapel)
Wednesday: 9:00 AM (Chapel)
7:00 PM: Holy Hour (Church)
Thursday: 9:00 AM (Chapel)
Friday: 9:00 AM (Chapel)
Consult "Events Calendar" for services on Holy Days of Obligation.
If we have a funeral, it will take precedence over daily Mass. We invite you to attend the funeral Mass.
Mon - Fri = 7AM - 4PM
Tuesday and Thursday: - Place orders from 9:00 to 12;00 and pick up by 3:00
Note: Chapel is only open on weekdays
- Father Kumar Reddimasu, Administrator
- John Yaquinta, Deacon
- Mrs. Janet Cox, Parish Administrator
- Mrs. Mary Shields, Dir. of Religious Education & Chair, Perpetual Daughters
- Ms. Mary Ellen Lydon, Chair, Finance Council
- Mr. James Carvelli, Chair, Martha & Mary Ministry
- Mrs. Renee Wyatt, Co-Director, Music Ministry
- Ms. Charlene Louk, Co-Director, Music Ministry
- Ms. Maggie Fisher, Safe Environment Coordinator
- Mr. Joseph Mazzie, Webmaster