HELP TO RETURN THE MEMORIAL PLAQUES
TO THE WINDOWS AND AROUND THE CHURCH
We need your help please. During the renovation, the blocks inside the church were
cleaned and all memorial plaques were removed during the process. Unfortunately,
we cannot find a guide showing where they were originally placed in the church.
Below and on the back is a list of each plaque that need placed back on the
memorials. As locations become known, we will replace the plaques but if we aren’t
notified of a memorial plaque location, at the conclusion of the process, we will place
the remaining plaques throughout the church. If you know of the location of any of
the plaques, please contact Janet in the office at 304-623-2334 or by email at
[email protected] Thank you!!
1. THE PAYNE FAMILY LOUIE, PAULINE, PAM
2. IN MEMORY OF SAM AND CATHERINE PAYNE BY THE PAYNE FAMILY
3. IN REMEMBRANCE OF ANTONIO & MARY ROSE BENINCOSA FAMILY
4. PAT AND MARY FAZIO AND FLORA ANN
5. IN MEMORY OF MOTHER WILLIAM AND PAUL STROGEN
6. IN MEMORY OF ALBERT L. BARTOS, JR. MARINER
7. JOE, PEG & ROGER LEHOSIT
8. IN MEMORY OF LOUIE ROSSANO BY WIFE, JOSEPHINE
9. IN MEMORY OF ANTHONY W. MAZZIE LORETTA & ANTHONY, JR
10. MR. AND MRS. DOMINICK SETI, JR.
11. IN MEMORY OF ANGELA MARIE VENTURA
12. IN MEMORY O FRANK A COSTELLO AND FRANK A. COSTELLO, JR.
13. IN MEMORY OF OUR PARENTS BY JOSEPH; MILDRED TERANGO
14. IN MEMORY OF WILLIAM YANKOWSKI BY MRS. ANNA YANKOWSKI
15. IN MEMORY OF FRANK A. COSTELLO ELIZABETH G. COSTELLO FRANK A COSTELLO, JR. JESSE THOMAS COSTELLO
16. IN MEMORY OF STEVE & ANNA LEHOSIT BY THE LEHOSIT FAMILY
17. MR. & MRS. NICK MUSTICIO & SALVATORE
18. JOHN & LOUISE CRIVELLI BY MARGUERITE
19. THE ROMAIN FAMILY ROGER MARY VIRGINIA CHARLENE ROGER LEE KAREN
20. IN MEMORY OF THE BATTISTA & ANTONIA TIANO COLOMBO FAMILY
21. DANIEL J MAZZEI
22. IN MEMORY OF OUR PARENTS ANTHONY AND MARY FOLIO BY FRANK AND BETTY
23. JAMES AND ROSE FAZIO
24. WALTER AND KATE COLLINS
25. IN MEMORY OF THE MARTIN STROGEN FAMILY
26. IN MEMORY OF GIUSEPPE VENTURA
27. IN MEMORY OF LT. RONALD W. GERARD BY MARY
28. IN MEMORY OF BATTISTA & ANTOINETTE COLOMBO SAMMIE J. COLOMBO GUZZO
29. IN MEMORY OF ANNA LEHOSIT BY MARGARET
30. RAY AND TERESINA MCNEMAR AND FAMILY
31. DOMINECK & FRANCES OLIVERIO
32. THE TERANGO FAMILY RALPH, VIRGINIA, RAFFAELLA
33. IN HONOR OF BILL AND JULIA CUTRIGHT ALL FRANSISCAN SAINTS PRAY FOR US
34. IN LOVING MEMORY OF THERESA M. MESSE BY HUSBAND – JOSEPH J. MESSE, SR. SAINT THRESA PRAY FOR US
35. IN MEMORY OF ANOTHNY “TONY” TALERICO FROM WIFE, MARY TALERICO
36. IN MEMORY OF JOHN KICHAK FROM MICHELE KICHAK
37. IN MEMORY OF THE DECEASED MEMBERS OF THE ZVOLENSKI & KASSIS FAMILIES FROM DR. & MRS. JOSEPH KASSIS
38. A GIFT FROM MILDRED MUSROCK
Dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass:
“While no member of the Faithful is bound to attend Mass where impossibility arises, West Virginia borders a number of dioceses in which Masses are still being publicly celebrated, and many of our Faithful are easily able to attend those Masses. Owing to the grave nature of the current public health crisis, and not wishing that any of our flock be compelled to place themselves unnecessarily at risk, I hereby dispense all those who reside within the territory of the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston from their obligation to attend Mass. The intention of this dispensation, along with the suspension of public liturgies in the Diocese, is to encourage the Faithful to practice ‘social distancing’ and ‘self-quarantine’ to the extent that their state of life permits, by which we hope to contribute to the containment and end of the current pandemic.”
—Most Rev. Mark Brennan
As Bishop Mark Brennan has noted there are many online websites and mobile apps to enrich our spirit during this time.
We are all God’s children. Receive His love through daily readings, prayer and reflections.
Here is a list of resources for you and your loved ones. In addition to our diocesan website, the United States Catholic Conference of Bishops’ website, usccb.org, has a plethora of resources presented in text, audio, and video formats.
Scroll down and see the active Intentions and Sanctuary Candle schedule.
Look for available dates and contact the Parish Office to schedule.
If anyone has old or broken rosaries, please bring them and leave them in the back of the church. We will fix them and send them overseas with the Sisters of the Infant Jesus missionaries.
To be considered an active, participating member of the parish, and thus eligible for sacraments, sponsor eligibility, and parish family discount at St. Mary’s and Notre Dame, OLPH takes into account a family or individual ministry involvement, and Mass attendance. Your collection envelopes, or online giving receipt, are the only way we can determine your attendance. If you are new to the parish, please stop by, call the office for registration forms or complete the online form on this site.
If anyone, youth or adult, is interested in becoming an altar server, please contact [email protected], and arrangements will be made to get you trained. We are great need of adult servers. Why not serve in the ministry? You are here at Mass anyway, what better way to participate in the Mass than as an altar server.
Please consider offering service to our parishioners and the Lord by becoming an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion or Lector. You are attending Mass, why not assist others by participating in one of these ministries? Please contact Paula Taylor at [email protected] to arrange a time for training.
Need to find a church?